PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Supervise and provide services to prisoners on a daily basis and actively participate in their rehabilitation through work and program activities, and monitor and maintain the security of the correctional environment.
- Supervise prisoners on a daily basis.
- Monitor and maintain the security requirements of the correctional environment.
- Support and promote internal and external professional relationships.
- Undertake reporting and administration functions.
Relevant experience knowledge and skills as required:
- Demonstrated work history with exposure to working in a team and/or dealing with clients
- Community engagement and/or working with special interest groups an advantage
- Exposure to managing people and/or resources an advantage
- Ability to liaise with people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Competent computer and keyboard skills with sound knowledge of basic word processing programs
- Moderate fitness level demonstrated by regular participation in individual or team sports or other physical activities
- High level of maturity gained from varied work/life experiences
Applicants should note that appointments to this role will be in accordance with the Role Description for each advertised position. The Role Description will outline the location of the role and the conditions of employment.
25 October 2012